~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Thursday 22 March 2012

Boudoir Beauty

Good morning all!!

The world outside my window is decidedly grey here in Cape Town. We seem to be veering between summer and winter with everything else thrown in between. Makes wardrobe decisions impossible and my car becomes a second closet with everything that I have to schlep with for the "in case" scenario...


That said,I felt like looking at some boudoirs that would dispel the grey skies and put a bit of bling into the grey...

The definition of a boudoir is literally " a ladies room for sulking in" a bedchamber or private bedroom...

Um ... there will be no sulking below... I have everything I need... a place to sit and make lists of lovely things "to do" write a poem, recline with a pile of magazines and a glass of something chilled...how about some pink champagne to match the chaise? Okay, I will be quiet so you can enjoy...





This is definitely a space that could  put me in a completely altered state of mind from grey skies... my colour palette full filled and I am a princess for a moment...





This one has me puzzled.... I like it but does it fit the space? A bit futuristic or whimsical? Somehow it seems to work and feel dreamy and light. What do you think? Note the ceiling while you are trying to decide...





A cosy pink nook for some daydream believing...









I seem to have a "pink"eye this morning which is totally unusual for me. This is also a calming romantic space to dispel ant grey feelings.





Oh dear heart! Can you imagine falling into this...





What a luscious nook ....
Love the colours!




And of course, a favourite image of mine below... totally gorgeous and makes me happy blissed and wanting to recreate it for myself!







I have banished the grey skies.... mostly with pinks it seems... but a change is also good for us.

This coming Monday I will not be having my usual "Blog it Forward " series  as I am setting some new questions which I feel should be more specific to each blogger. So I will resume it as soon as I  have it done.

Some of you have asked  that I please answer the questions, but that seems a bit self indulgent?!... I will give it some thought and maybe combine it with another post to make it more acceptable to me...lol! Sorry...

Have a great day

Thanks for your company

Lets Recline and decorate a boudoir..not for sulking but for....?

You tell me!

Live Well

Veronica

xxx

I am all ears....now, what to wear!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'll take that first room please-as is is just fine thanks.

    Have a gorgeous day!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo....I can't choose....makes me want to go back to bed!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't choose a favorite because they are all great for different reasons. Beautiful pictures enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love all the fluffy ruffles? And, on your own interview...maybe do a "day in your life" like Karl & me? I think that would be so fun. I know I would love it. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Veronica, love some of these chairs, especially the first one in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous looking rooms but since I'm not a pink person the chaises need to be a different color or I will be sulking. Those chaise look to be so comfortable what a way to sulk!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every image. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I will follow on my way out because I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the nook beds - have always wanted one!
    I have a lovely chaise in my bedroom, but it seems to be more a repository for laundry, books and castoffs than a place for lounging. That's sad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete