~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Saturday 26 May 2012

Wine Room for Winter Warming!!

Hello Dear Friends!

I am so happy to be back here after a hectic week of paper work involving house sales,bonds, etc. Hopefully, I can also catch up with a few blogs and get some "me time" at last!


 It is a Saturday evening here and the temperatures are plummeting rapidly in Cape Town. So,  time to reach for a good bottle of red wine and to light the fire and a few candles. My current red wine indulgence is Vruchtbaar Cabernet Sauvignon  ~ full of gorgeous blackcurrent! Just the thing for a fireside evening.


Anyway, the wine and fire got me a dreamin, of course ...of fabulous cellars that I have had the pleasure of visiting and the obvious next step was to dream of my own personal cellar or wine room.... So, grab your glass and lets sip our way through a few  together...

Ahhh.... you all know by now, that the colours just has me captivated already ~ never mind the sublime nectar hiding in the bottles.

Makes me think of the line in " A Good Year" when Uncle Henry tell Max that "I enjoy making wine because this sublime nectar , is quite simply incapable of lying"




" All the planting, all the harvesting, all the fermenting, it's nothing more than bottling the truth
Par example : If perchance, one year it rains too much, the wine will tell you that very easily, by the depth of its colour...


And if it rain too little, it will tell you that too ...in its aroma and bouquet

Pick too early, pick too late, it matters not, the wine will always whisper into your mouth with complete unabashed honesty, every time you take a sip..."


My word, I can't seem to get away from this movie!!!





Pure wine  theatre above!! Wouldn't you say?


" When the wine is in, the wit is out."
                                    Thomas Becon (1512 ~ 1567)






These two rooms are more intimate but  sacrificing none of the theatre....


" Here's to the corkscrew ~ a useful key to unlock
the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly"
                                                 WEP French





Lets move in and not leave!!



" If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?"
                                                                                                    Cardinal Richeleu





"Wine is bottled poetry" ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach ~ Spanish saying


" In water one sees ones own face; But in wine, one beholds the heart of another" ~ Old French Proverb






" Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it" ~ Anon


Um... I can totally confirm that this one is true!!!!







Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder, because they are there.  ~Judith Viorst







Well, dear ones I wish you a beautiful Saturday night.

Here's hoping that you are sharing a bottle of wine with a good pal and making memories!

Thank you for your company

" So much wine ~ so little time"  ~ Veronica Clark

Cheers

Veronica

xxx


All images from my Pinterest Board called " Tipple Tales"

Lift yer glasses to all the fabulous photographers!!!

5 comments:

  1. The fifth picture looks like heaven to me. Surrounded by wine, cheese and a good book. Thank you for taking me there.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all exquisite, Veronica...you have now made me homesick!!
    I love that intimate space in the 3rd pic....wish I could just pick it up and put it in my home....I have the pefect spot too...just off my bedroom!!
    Keep warm....we visited your beautiful city for a few days last week and found it much colder than Port Elizabeth.....but we have really fallen in love with the Cape.
    Love Shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love any one of these rooms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear V,you have been on my mind lately, just wondering how you are?
    Oh how fortunate we are to live surrounded by beautiful wines and all that accompanies it! some gorgeous images you shared here, thank you. love to you
    Colx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this place looks like heaven! I wish I could come here in times of stress but there's always your blog ;)
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete