~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Friday 22 July 2011

Home Jewels

Good morning friends. I have had some computer issues and have missed a few days so I have loads to catch up on from all your lovely blogs. I am pleased to be back on line!!! Let's hope it lasts... 

It pays to clean out your cupboards!!! Not only do you get organized but you find stuff that you have completely forgotten about lurking at the back of said cupboards. Most of the time you find something and you go" Ugh that old thing!" and promptly toss it out to the dirt pile.

Well, dear hearts I found something that I did forget about! My grandmother's old fan... a veritable home jewel!  Wow, I thought why is it hidden away in the depths of darkness and not appreciated every day. But how and where? While I contemplated my newly found treasure I flung it open and put my hands on my hips, pulled in all the protruding bits, lifted my head on high  and threw a few flamenco moves around my bedroom. The Labrador regarded me with  suspicion...poor thing...wasn't sure if he should make for the door to escape the performance.

Have a look... pretty isn't it? Sad thing is, that I do not know more about it and where she got it or if it has a story...




I decided to perch it behind my lamp in the meantime while I consider it further. Not an easy item to display, but it seems to work here behind the lamp in the living room.














This got me a thinking about home jewels as I call them. I sat down on the couch and thought about other home jewels that I would like to acquire. As you can see I have space to fill....

Home jewels are those pieces of lovelies apart from furniture that you like to adorn your home with. Of course top of my list is urns.





The one above is my favourite at home apart from my red urn shaped lamps but of course I would like a few more like these below...They are gorgeous.





Two of my favourite home jewels. Urns and cloches.






The perfume urns below are sheer luxury...





Mirror and urns. How about this in the bathroom...I would spend a lot more time in the bathroom!






This has got to be one of the most charming displays of a cloche..





Another "jewel" on my list is busts.












Candelabra




Old books and I just love these old keys.





Apothecary Jars






A dress form and of course an antique mirror.






Mirrors, throws and pillows






Ginger Jars






I do not have any blue and white in my home but as my colour quest continues it is the one combination that I absolutely have to find a nook for.







Lamps and as you can see both these are urn shaped!







Quilts....






Some trunks with character ....







Always on the list....especially when they look like these.



Birdcages







This one is particularly jewel worthy.




What are your favourite home jewels? Do you have some lurking about in cupboards that are worthy of display? It might be time for some ferreting about in forgotten places...


If you find anything or have favourite home jewels, please lets chat about it in the comment box below ! Thanks for stopping by..

Happy ferreting for home jewels

Veronica

xxx

I am linking for the first time to Feather your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage Today.

as well as

Vintage Inspiration Friday at  Common Ground. If you wonder over there, please check out the Design Challenge as well!


SJ from the blog Homemaker on a Dime (cool name) stopped by my blog and very kindly invited me over to join them at the Creative Blogger's Party and Hop . Thank you SJ I am happy to meet you and fellow bloggers to learn and share. I already spotted a tutorial on how to make your own blog button which is my next techno challenge!!




apart from my home images all are from pinterest


12 comments:

  1. My favorite home jewels are family pictures, on every surface. I try to frame them all in silver frames, which means polishing, but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My FAVORITE things to decorate with are cloches, birdcages, and cake stands. We clearly have the same style :)

    Visiting from
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piccolo Mondo! It's a small world! The photo of the busts with the lion was taken in our garden by one of our friends(was it Trish from Trouvais?)at one of our Container Unloading Sales. Glad you found it attractive!

    Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post!! Thanks for visiting Veronica! Nice to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trinidad! I went to look at my boards in Pinterest and indeed it is from Trovais blog by Trish pinned by another user where I found it. Clearly mine eyes always finds the good stuff! sigh.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also love all these jewels! That picture of the mannequin and mirror is amazing and I love that crockery with the fleur de lis - Any idea where it's available - I suspect not locally? Have a lovely Sunday x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon. The Artimino "Fleur de Lis" Dinnerware I pinned from Dillard's www.dillards.com. Sinner Plates $10, Salad Plates $8, Soup Bowls $8 Mug $8 There is also platters and sugar and creamer set as well as salt and pepper shaker set. Very pretty! Have a peek. Locally you might also find some good ones at Biggie Best of all places as well as T&Co. Actually i am heading to T&Co this week and will have a look if they have something similar and let you know!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Family Treasure ~ that Fan is Fabulous, or should I say Fanulous.... I also Love all the great Photos & Vignettes, Thanks for Sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, and so many of MY favorite things too. the fan is wonderful, so nice that it's also a family piece. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Veronica! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You came! And I'm happy that you're learning something from my post :)

    I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My FAVORITE things to decorate with are cloches, birdcages, and cake stands. We clearly have the same style

    ReplyDelete