~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Thursday 1 December 2011

Luke's Amazing Rosti Breakfast!!

Hello dear friends! The tourists have arrived!!! In their droves might I add, and today is only the 1st December and Cape Town already seems to be bursting out of it seams!! Am I complaining?? No not really, as Cape Townians we accept the annual influx from all over the world and country, graciously with just the occasional outburst of frustration when we can barley move in our favourite places...or, um, the wayward driving skills from the out of towners... I will leave it there....

Last Saturday I went of to my favourite Saturday morning pastime and that is the Neighbour Goods Market in The Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock. You can read my post on it here! It is delectable!!!
I could barely move but all was forgiven and forgotten when I was waiting in line, café latté, in hand, for my usual Rosti breakfast from the legendary Luke Dale Roberts!! Trust me, you do not want to miss out on this one....

Let me show you... and no drooling over your keyboard please...


Believe it or not, but I have had a combination of both salmon and bacon before as well, half salmon and half bacon...

Well, now and again one has to live dangerously and ignore the sound of your organs shutting down one by one. Good advise was given by a fellow patron, that I could always undo the damage later with a good glass of red wine and I was not going to argue  with that remedy at all!
So, now that we have a cure, lets eat. The base for the rosti comes prepared...



This team of chefs works together like a well oiled machine and although the line is long, the wait is not, and anyway it is so worth the wait!

These guys shows that multi tasking is indeed an art!




The rosti, all crisp and brown is flipped with theatrical aplomb to cook on the other side...
Oi! Sorry, I was too busy talking to capture it...





Golden and crisp on both sides...





Meanwhile the bacon is sizzling away....



Remember, we are living dangerously today...




And, in this bubbling stock pot....



...you will find poached eggs being  done...
to perfection!




And so, to assembly....

 



Rosti, bacon, egg ....



....and hollandaise sauce....

 



A sprinkling of chives ...




Some salt and a cracked black pepper...
Bon Appetite

I opted for the Salmon today.



My charming breakfast companions from Hermanus lived dangerously and had the bacon...but then again, they shared one, while I tucked into mine alone..um! What a meal with beer or a naked Mexican!!
Great to meet you, thanks for the pic!


Now, Luke has generously shared the recipe for his creation and you can read all about it here on The Showcook site (another favourite of mine)

Live Well

Veronica
xxx
Joining:
Freshmen Friday with Erin at Home Savvy here
Potpourri Friday with Honey at 2805 here
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollam here
Lets get Social at Mother of Pearls It Is here

Thank you for stopping by
Kindly leave your comments below, I am all ears...


6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, I just had dinner but I want to eat again as this makes me hungry and drooling.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I'm on my way, this looks so delicious.
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello and leaving such a nice comment. I have discovered your wonderfully well written blog and been tempted to create such a feast as you enjoyed. Yum. That really looks delicious.
    I can see that I will be stopping by again.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking your wonderful post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it has my name all over it! I'd have chosen the salmon too.

    ReplyDelete