~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Monday 18 July 2011

Dramatic Black and Gold ~ Colour My World

Good morning friends. Here's hoping that Monday will behave herself impeccably! I would like to welcome all my new followers as well as those who have been here from the start of my blog! Thank you all for joining me in my journey of discovery, new inspiration and sharing  through the wonderful medium of blogging. I have met such wonderful like mined people and have learnt an enormous amount and expanded my horizons beyond my wildest expectations. Thank you for contributing so generously to my experience here in my dot of cyber space!

Today I continue on my quest to learn more on colouring my world! Black and Gold is the dramatic bold choice for today. Reason being...it's a long story...

My home is at the stage where it needs some serious renewal but we are also at the empty nest stage:( (sulk...sulk..two years and still struggling...) so what to do? Renovate or sell?

My son still has one foot at home and one at Varsity but my darling daughter left two and a half years back. Now, her room is painted in an old gold...another long story...) and I wanted to move my black metal bed  to her room and convert it to a guest room. So, in the meantime while we decide what to do, I am still, compulsively gathering inspiration. Anyway, even if we move to another house, the colour combination will probably be the same ..so here goes...

Lets start with our closets shall we? We dress before we decorate!... Do you wear this colour combination and if so do you wear it for day or evening?

A dramatic start!


It seems that the colour combination of black and gold automatically inspires designers with the dramatic...







I would probably do black pants and gold top

 



Love the wedges

 



Dramatic...







Now that we have a dramatic outfit on, let's throw some paint at the walls!!! Black paint! My son wanted to paint his bedroom black and he got a firm ..."No!" (better not show him this) Then he tried his luck with red and got an even firmer "No!" (I had visions of phsyco problems ala Harry Potter dementors with red painted bedroom and I explained that red was for dining rooms only..lol)


But...this looks great to me. That is probably a wall tattoo in gold. I still want to look into the whole wall tattoo thing. Its easy peel and stick and there are some fun ones for kiddies bedrooms.




Below is some Fornasetti plates that I might use as well as that Ralph Lauren image on the right with those gorgeous black books This is one of my favourite vignettes ever. Click here for the post on Ralph Lauren.

 


A dramatic combination of black and gold






Fornasetti again and very glam. If you are a Fornasetti fan, have a look at my post HERE.

 



Bathing with a dramatic flair....

 




...and there is my all time favourite bath tub in gold (I prefer a copper one please)

 















The charcoal wall makes the gold colour pop even more  in my opinion...


Just a touch of gold and black...













This would most probably be my take on black and gold...





But for my new guest room this would provide the inspiration...for old gold walls, black metal bed to start the room off with.




A wedding reception...







This for a scrap book page looks quite elegant...






Are you still scrolling down? Or have you had an overload of black and gold?








This is my favourite wall colour!  I can just imagine how it changes almost hourly with  the changing light. Love this room.. The art is not me but everything else is gorgeous.



 






Above and below are also two favourite images. Both warm  and glowy rooms just the place where I would feel at home.




I have started to put together a mood board for this bedroom to hopefully help in the decision process. The wall colour stays as does the black metal bed.  So, I need to decide about the colour for the bedding, lamps, etc. Then there is a hideous built in cupboard that is in need of a make over...I am thinking along the lines of decoupaging it with sheet music or old pages of a poetry book..

Now I would like to know how you feel about the dramatic combination of black and gold.

Would you wear it and do you have it in your home or is it just for the masked ball?

Happy Living

Veronica

xxxx


images pinterest







14 comments:

  1. Good Morning Veronica,
    I started reading your blog this morning and began to think I had entered the twilight zone. My three boys have all left home and the house seriously needs renovating. We have been looking for a new house for a year now and are unable to find what we want at a decent price we can afford. What to do…keep looking or stay put. Well for now (the next few years) we are staying here. Come October when OH finishes his Open University course He will be decorating. I am thinking of writing a new blog about that.

    I love the black and gold. Nevertheless, I am not sure if I could have a black and gold room I think I would have a white room with everything in it black and gold if that makes sense.
    I LOVE the black and gold earrings. Some girls love shoes I love earrings.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. You did make me laugh!
    Take care
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love black and gold and looking forward to your guest room. Think you should let your son have a black room , its just paint! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely wear black and gold, and would set a table with black and gold - festive, dramatic, beautiful. I don't think I'd like to live with a black and gold room, with the exception of the bathroom you showed (the sink and mirror). I love that burnished look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Veronica~ ~ ~
    I would wear black and gold when I was younger but find that as the tone of my skin changes I cannot wear black near my face. .only touches. Funny how that works but it seems so harsh now.
    Love the drama of B and G for the home but I would have to choose more gold and less black there too. My dreams of my new home will be lots of creamy white with gold in it so that it looks like candlelight all day long!

    Love your blog and will be following you.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you do with the black and gold. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Veronica, I love the combo. I'm sure you could probably pull this off and make it look dramatically stunning. You seem to have that talent. So, I'm with Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch...I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, very dramatic, very cool!
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!! This is stunning! Iam going to bookmark this so I can come back and drool some more! Love black and gold, so elegant and dramatic!! Fabulous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veronica,
    What a gorgeous assemblage of black and gold! I just LOVE gold and was afraid I was a little passe, but I'm looking at my gold with fresh eyes and walking tall. Thanks for the inspiration, a new follower.
    Shine on!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black and gold is timeless. My parents have always had their home in those colors and it always looks fresh and inviting.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and gold... what a dramatic effect it will create! Rich, ornate, classic with a touch of French renaissance... I love it! I loved all the gorgeous room images in golds and blacks... it looks so timeless! And that first black and gold cocktail dress is absolutely stunning! Decoupaging with old sheet music sounds soooo wonderful, can't wait to see your room all finished.Thanks for stopping by to peek at my aqua bottles and for taking the time to leave a sweet comment. Have a great week!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your images are so very elegant. I like everything and wish I could wear the lovely shoes. Good luck decorating. I am somewhat in the same boat but hate making decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful inspiration. I want one of those party dresses. Can't wait to see the results of your guestroom decorating. laurie

    ReplyDelete