~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Monday 14 November 2011

Adam's Eden

Hi dear friends. Monday is upon us yet again and so I hope that you all had an enjoyable weekend! I had a quiet one after a few hectic weekends running all over the countryside photographing beautiful gardens. We have had a cold snap here with some welcome rain. The cold was less welcome though... I am dying for a swim!

Today is the last instalment of Japies's Tropical garden. No, do not panic....there will most certainly be more coming in the future, since I have ...well um...a lot, and I mean a lot of photos...

So if this is your first stop here, get yourself another drink and come back and take a tour of Part 1 and Part 2. Wonderful, isn't it? Okay so lets take a look at the rest...

Coming back out the front door looking to my left this is the picture that greets me...

The skies was grey but the view amazing...


Tucked away to the left is this wonderful little enclave below with a seating area. I love the colour that the table and chairs are painted and the way it contrasts with the gravel and makes the green pop out at you.

Please also look at the background of the picture to see what hides in the distance.









Yip, did you notice that amazing orange behind the seating area?...take a look at these clivias...



There is a little stream running to the left of this area and I won't be telling a word of a lie, if I say, that I could easily sit there the entire day and be thoroughly entertained all day long... as you can see for yourself, and if you are a professional photographer or novice like yours truly, there is just so much to focus a lens on its not even funny!




To the right of the seating area there is a another bench tucked away which could be a camping spot for another day....

I want to sit there with a glass of bubbly and just dream....



...overlooking this...

Gasp of delight!




...and overlooking the pond to the other side...




This garden gives a new meaning to the word lush. And please be reminded that it is not set in a tropical climate but in Cape Town!



Beautiful!



I include the mosaic below just to show some of the collection of plants.
There is such a variety of bromeliads and plants that I have decided to do some posts in the future which will just concentrate on ferns, palms, hibiscus, etc.




I also have to tell you that I think of this garden as Japie's Tropical Paradise but in fact the garden's name is Eden. When Japie started his  gardening/landscaping business he called himself Adam from Eden, and the name Adam stuck with his clients... So you get it? Adam's Eden...





I can hear a collective gasp at the sight of these palms!!
Magnificent, that grey colour.





Some garden jewels...




On the roadside and the grass is also just pristine.




Layers of colour, texture and form, cloud pruning, hard landscaping etc, and it just works it's magic. The garden of a perfectionist and a landscaping artist of note. Japie is so humble about his wonderful talent and I am most grateful for him allowing me the pleasure of sharing it. There is so much more that I want to share with you from this garden.




 I absolutely love the sharing nature of gardeners. Japie sent me an email to say that the Acers that I photographed  before were not at their very  best  (really?) and that I needed to get back there soon to get the complete picture. He included a pic and of course I was enticed back .


This was the Acers framing the koi pond...

They were just sprouting. Lacey loveliness...




and this is what I found when I returned....





Wow! As you can imagine, I did not need too much prompting and I was snapping away like crazy again....lol... I added handsomely to the number of pics that I had taken before and sorry, I am keeping mum about how many!!!





That's it for now dear friends.

I hope you have had a great tour of Japie's Paradise.

Next, I will be featuring a completely different garden, but we will most definitely be revisiting Adam's Eden, I promise.

I have answered all the questions that I have received by email. Thanks for all the feedback.

I will be linking to Our World Today here
Garden Blogger's Bloom Day at May Dream Gardens here
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style here
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer here

Live Well

Veronica

xxx

All images are my own.
Thanks for stopping by. 


Now, folks, lets chat...leave me your comments down below. I love hearing your feedback and of course camera critters are most welcome. All advise a and critique will be received graciously..xx

23 comments:

  1. Wow Veronica I am so thrilled you stopped by my blog today because otherwise I would have missed this amazing post This is probably one of the most amazing gardens I have ever seen. I grow orange and yellow clivias here in the US but we have to grow them as houseplants. Thank you for stopping by it's a pleasure getting to find new blogs!

    Have a lovely day!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...awesome...thrilled...over comed...God is amazing. So glad I stopped by today. You are truly blessed to LIVE here. THANK you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful foliage you've captured. It certainly must be difficult to decide where to point your camera next. Those oranges are breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't name a single one of those plants, but they are stunning!!!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, and such attention to detail. I wonder if you ever get used to the fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tropical plants always look beautiful, the sad part is they only bloom in the tropics. But, nevertheless, beautiful. Maybe Hawaii next March?
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning absolutly stunning. (sigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aloha,

    what a spectacular garden, i love the elevated and clever use of potted plant...the silver leaf palm called a bismarkia is a treasure and very slow growing so this one is quite spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha Noel.. It is indeed a Bismarkia....stunning isn't it just?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tropical looking garden. A liittle bit of paradise in a corner of the world

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, I am so glad I found your blog through GBBD! Those acers over the pond are so lovely - I am glad you went back for a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to get the second installment! Just as gorgeous as the first. Ahh, ... to wake up everyday in paradise!
    Gorgeous photos.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful post. This garden is lovely. Thanks for sharing it on GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fantastic gardens and lovely photos. Wonderful place to visit.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful gardens...so enjoyed the 2nd peep!
    Just love your blog.
    Thanks for such a lovely comment too!
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - what luscious and beautiful photos of this great garden! Love that pink, dewy hibiscus - so delicate and breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi darling, you live such an exciting life.. your photos are beautiful. I'm so glad you shared them with us.. you certainly have a talent.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This garden really is a feast for the eyes! It's fabulous to see more of this stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow it looks like paradise, just beautiful.Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing garden. Just love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Veronica, I have visited this post several times now, and each time I have hardly known where to start with my comment. There are so many wonderful plants and fabulous ideas here. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did an incredible job of showcasing Japie's garden. I'm sure he must have been delighted! I had to chuckle every now and then, because you remind me so much of myself. I always end up taking loads of pictures, because I keep on seeing different angles and want to try and capture it all. I might have to learn how to assemble mosaics as well. You do such a beautiful job of yours! Garden and Home and Conde Nast magazines could learn a lot from you! You are a natural, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Veronica,
    I really like the way you looked at my garden through your lens! It's amazing how one sometimes can look without seeing, so I enjoyed it thoroughly to walk through my garden with your eyes. Your pictures are stunning. Very well composed. Believe me, I know how difficult it is to take good pictures in this over crowded garden of mine! And thank you for sharing it with the world!

    And a BIG thank you for all the nice comments about my garden to everybody who took the tour with Veronica!!!

    Japie

    ReplyDelete