~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Some French Fancy.....


One of my passions includes all things French! Sigh.... Long before I got to visit Paris, I was in love....Totally and utterly...The buildings, the people, the food, the markets, the art, the museums...you get the picture....Don't get me wrong, I am a truly South African lass with as much passion for the bush, but I think I have enough capacity for both....um with a good dose of passion in the direction of Italy as well...(but we leave that for another time...)




Now, you want to pack your bags and leave...aawh, but I understand..

But before you go, I just want to tell you that before I got to Paris to sit in a French café, I found a book in a market that started the love affair off called "Provence Style of Living" by Jerome Coignard.

I never tire of this book. The colours, the textures, the fabric, tiles and furniture is just enchanting to me. To add to the love affair I read "A year in Provence " By Peter Mayle and that was it!!! I had to go see for myself...

Where else would you find a baguette truck and look so chic at a café?
C'est Magnifique Wallpaper  - Anthropologie.com
This wall paper can definitely make it to my wish list!
Sc-626-018_carrousel_gallery_xl[7].jpg (image)
..and a daybed for  a stylishly lay about afternoon with a glass of bubbly and a book...(cheaper than the flight and with a dash of imagination....who knows what can happen?) you might smell the lavender fields...
So put your daybed in a spot in the garden where you can plant a few lavender bushes to complete the picture.





Total dream delight... I am not able to decide which items I like more....its just all gorgeous...


Chandelier of perfection....


The colours above are just perfect!

.
So elegant


Wow for the chopping block....don't think I will get done chopping my veg there... I would rather stand back and admire it!



My Armoire with the ultimate accessory..... Smirnoff, The Labrador, a movable accessory, at that! A friend, from book club suggested that the Labrador was bought to compliment the decor.....


My lounge with, what I call my French Cafe Cushions....


Beautiful and oh so comfy!!!

So there, just a taste of my love affair with all things French. I hope you found something you fancy....


Simply Seleta | designing a beautiful life

I want to stay here...but will I get any sleep with a view like that?

And Finally....
Would you swim for this chandelier?


Splash splash.....am kicking like crazy..... how will we get it back???
Happy daydream believing.....


Apart from my home pics all others are from Pinterest.


1 comment:

  1. Your home looks lovely! Those high ceilings with dark wooden beams are gorgeous and your decor and sense of style is perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete