~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Sunday 12 June 2011

Fornasetti...fab and fascinating

Do you recognize the face?



"Dear contemporaries, don't you realise how different we are? Although, I depict you as equals and like the ancients you never change" Piero Fornasetti.



Piero Fornasetti lived most of his life in Milan. He was an interior decorator. Italian painter,sculptor and engraver. The famous face on his work belongs to operatic soprano Lina Cavalieri. He found her face in a 19th century magazine. He has made over 500 variations of her face and admits that he doesn't know what inspired him to do so. He started to make them and just never stopped! His style is black and white echoing Greek and Roman architecture as an influence. Today most of his work is in room accessories, plates, fabric, wallpaper,etc. His son Barnaba Fornasetti continues the designs in his father's name.


I love Fornasetti and a few of these plates are definitely on my wish list. Although, I feel that Fornasetti can easily be overwhelming. This cupboard would be too much for me.

This teacup, again, is totally seductive and a yes!



Same with these chairs... you just know whose face it is...(for behind my blogging desk)




As far as I am concerned...just a hint of Fornasetti in a room...could make all the difference between boring and sublime...


Fornasetti is at home in any room. Totally perfect in this bathroom, don't you think?

These chairs are so elegant...



The famous face in various poses...




This arrangement is so clever....



Philippe Starck (icon of note) chair for Kartell...



...a sugar bowl...



These are made for the sofa in my lounge....




Wallpaper below....




Our pool room has charcoal walls and floors with red glasses and these stools would be perfect... whimsy inc!



Dining Chairs..



Artful arrangement ....very stylish



What a kitchen! It has to be Italian....apart from the Fornasetti plates..loads of eye candy...




Soulful eyes....



The thing with Fornasetti, is that its timeless and can fit in virtually any era or room. Its just like adding a photo of a long lost relative.... I don't know if Senor Fornasetti would be to chuffed with my statement but you get my thoughts....




This is Fornasetti done to perfection as far as I am concerned....



And below is my personal favourite! Not only the Fornasetti scatters but the whole setting is just heavenly and so me! Love it Love it!!!





So, what do you think? Would you use Fornasetti? At this stage Fornasetti is on my list for my main bathroom of all places.. The walls are done in cretestone (in other words ochre) with white sanitary ware. The plan is to wallpaper the one wall above the tiles. It is cheaper than buying five plates and I am not sure that I would be sane to put five Fornasetti plates in my bathroom!!!

Fornasetti is an endless source of fascination for me.

Live well this week and be fab!

V

xxx

All pics from pininterest.

Please regale me with a comment. I love hearing from you.














No comments:

Post a Comment