~Written and edited by Veronica Clark ~

Tuesday 1 April 2014

By Invitation Only ~ Cruise Essentials.....

Hi Dear Friends



This Month's By Invitation Post is fun and light. Thanks to Marsha at Splenderosa and Tina at The Enchanted Home
















So, here's the deal....


We are off on a cruise and we have to name the ten items we cannot leave home without. On a cruise ship, it matters what you leave behind at home...understand?

With autumn setting in, I cannot think of a better plan than to sail off to warmer weather and have a last fling before enduring a long, wet and stormy Cape Winter...sigh (loudly)









Well here goes..... I'm sailing off into the sunset with my ten items....


First and foremost, as I 'm am a snap happy chick......I NEVER leave home without my trusty lil Canon!!!! It fits into most of my handbags and goes absolutely everywhere with me to capture life's lil moments and memories. (um, even to the theatre!!) I have been know to leave home without my purse of money, but at least I had my camera to capture the embarrassing moment... I kid you not!!!! It goes in before anything else......













Second of all, since I am going to tropical islands a sexy bather is absolutely a must for endless dips in the pool and of course for lounging about on a deck chair snapping away with my camera at the passing parade of people. I'm sneaky like that!










This sexy number has very little fabric but mine has a bit more and is a leopard print! When my son returned from Amsterdam to the heat of January and  when he saw my new acquisition he exclaimed...." Heavens Mother, that is a Bond girl number that you have there!!!"....blush blush...wish I had the Bond Girl Body.....







Thirdly. I have what I call a healthy obsession with beautiful things and so..... of course, I have an addiction to glossy magazines......No holiday is complete without a couple of the latest glossies to keep me drooling and dreaming....Can you imagine....reclined in the sun, hiding under a floppy hat, cocktail in hand and paging leisurely .....perfection in my mag!










Number Four. And here I am probably cheating, but hey...... its one item in the end... My toilet bag filled with my make up, sunscreen and pamper products for a daily spa treatment in my cabin! This one below reminds me of my grandma"s hat box and it looks like it has lots of space....







And of course my ever present favourite perfume falcon.....Jean Paul Gaultier's Classic goes in the minute I have packed my camera!!! This is in the bag above, by the way and not extra....









Number Five. A great pair of heels!!! Practical or not, they go with me even if just to stare at them lovingly. Chances are though, that they will definitely be worn to dance away a night or two or three.... Heels not elevate my short self into a taller subject but can also elevate any outfit, even a sarong to glamour. So says I!










Number Six. A red dress is always part of my holiday repertoire, no matter where I go, and of course with my black heels this is a winner for almost any occasion....







Number Seven. A note book and pencil to write down all the thoughts and stories that is bound to enter my head in such surroundings. And yes, old fashioned paper and pencil please, nothing  else will do....








Number Eight.  A good sturdy bag to lug about all my holiday essentials!






Number Nine. My spirit of adventure! I would love to return from my cruise with a load of good memories, new ideas and inspiration. 





and as Matisse said....






Lastly but most importantly, excellent company without which no adventure could ever be complete!!! That one person who is fun, full of ideas, ready for anything and always a source of excellent conversation, endless humour and boundless energy. I would take my best pal in the world!!!



So there, I am all packed....



Expect loads of pics on my return....




Bon Voyage







Now that we are packed, sail on over to Splenderosa to see who packed what.....and for a good dose of day dream believing!



I am sailing, across the water.....*drifts of to sleep*



Live Well

Veronica

xxx


Your turn...chat to me below in the comment box, I am all ears....


All these gorgeous photos are from Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. Fun list...all so stylish. Oh to be getting ready to embark sounds like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good dose of daydream believing Tina!

      Sending love
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very glamorous suitcase you have packed there….leopard print swimsuit, black heels and red dress….love it all….but especially love your last but not least "excellent company" which can turn a disaster of a trip into one of fun and merriment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello HELLO,
    I am new to your group.So, far I am loving what I am seeing!Tell me are you SOUTH AFRICAN?I have two GOD DAUGHTERS in your neck of the woods if you do indeed live in CAPE TOWN!Small world…….I just love that!Looks like we will all be dressed in style for our cruise!LOve the bag you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Mam!! I am indeed South African and am lucky enough to call Cape Town , home!!!

      Delete
  4. Hot heels, red dress, pencil and paper - and mostly, that adventurous spirit. Yes to all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my love, didn't you dare just a bit with that swimsuit? And, those shoes are killer, so is the red dress, so I know you will be one super glam girl on this cruise. No wonder you son gasped! I forgot to mention my Journal, which goes everywhere with me, I make notes of nonsense which becomes hysterical later on when reading it.
    My Kindle, always and ever. I just need a MAN !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggles for the man bit......Would just love to read that journal, my friend!!!!

      Sending love
      xxx

      Delete
  6. You are very well prepared indeed! even with my favorite sirop de Groseille de Toulouse...that's near my home in France. I live for the wise words from Matisse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francine. Just read your beautiful post and love it!
      xxx

      Delete
  7. Terrific list! If I had a body anywhere near the model's I'd pack a suit like that! Sadly I do not. A red dress is a fabulous idea!! So much more fun than my standard black one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jennifer... I just love red dresses!!!

      Delete
  8. It's always fun to play dress up or dress less. :) Oh, so many wonderful photos. I have absolutely enjoyed strolling through your blog as it serves as wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing. I do hope you will stop by and visit my blog to see some of my oil paintings, as I wish to try to return the favor. Kindest regards, Carolina Elizabeth http://carolinaelizabeth-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you ever going to post with BIO again?
    WE MISS MISS MISS YOU !!!!!

    ReplyDelete